Welcome to Rehoboth Beach
Parking Rules & Regulations
Parking meters are in effect the Friday before Memorial Day through the second Sunday after Labor Day from 10:00 a.m. until midnight. 30-minute
parking meter rates are $1.00 per half an hour and are in effect year-round. All other parking meter rates are $1.50 per hour. Parking
meters accept quarters only. Parking at meters is head-in only.
CREDIT CARDS ARE NOT ACCEPTED AT ANY PARKING METER. The Park Mobile system is now used as an alternative to credit cards.
For more information and to sign up for this service please visit us.parkmobile.com.
Change machines are available at the Rehoboth Bandstand on Rehoboth Avenue,
First Street and Rehoboth Avenue, the third block of Rehoboth Avenue (on the island across from City Hall), and at 306 Rehoboth Avenue.
Change may also be obtained at the Parking Meter Department at 30 1/2 Lake Avenue (behind City Hall).
Parking permits are required daily from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in all non-metered areas within the city. Parking permits are in effect
the Friday before Memorial Day through Labor Day.
Parking Permits can be purchased at the following locations
- Parking Meter Division at 30 1/2 Lake Avenue (behind City Hall)
- Rehoboth Avenue entering town after the drawbridge
- Bayard Avenue entering town after Silver Lake
- At check-in time at several local real estate offices
Parking Permit Fees
- Seasonal Non-Transferable $175.00 / After August 1 $88.00
- Seasonal Transferable $200.00 / After August 1 $100.00
- Weekly $45.00 (Eight Consecutive Days)
- Three Day Weekend $30.00 (Three consecutive days, Friday through Monday)
- Weekend Daily $13.00 (One day only, Saturday or Sunday)
- Weekday Daily $8.00 (One day only, Monday through Friday)
- Scooters $40.00 (More info see below)
Persons driving vehicles with a valid handicap plate or permit are required to pay for parking meters and parking permits while the meters
and permits are in effect. If you need to rent a wheelchair, please visit Atlantic Cycles on Wilmington Avenue.
Fines will increase if not paid in the prescribed period. Pay your fine:
- At the Parking Meter Division, 30 Lake Avenue (behind City Hall)
- Mail it to City of Rehoboth Beach, P.O. Box C, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971*
- Deposit in one of the courtesy drop boxes located throughout the city*
- Pay online. Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American
Express are accepted.
* Include the ticket number on your check or money order. (DO NOT MAIL CASH.)
Park & Ride Resort Transit ("Beach Bus")
Avoid traffic hassles and parking headaches and use DART First State's Park & Ride Lot located on Shuttle Road off of Route 1, just
north of Rehoboth Avenue. Park for $8.00 and receive up to four (4) free unlimited ride daily bus passes. Overnight parking is not
permitted. Buses are air-conditioned and equipped with wheelchair lifts. Ride in comfort to the outlets, the boardwalk and beaches,
or neighboring Dewey Beach, Lewes or Ocean City, MD. Bus stops are conveniently located throughout the resort area. For more information
on DART's Beach Bus Service go to www.DartFirstState.com or call 1-800-652-DART.
Scooter Permits and Parking
- Scooters must have a permit to park on Rehoboth city streets, except at a parking meter.
- Scooters may not park on sidewalks or the boardwalk, or at bicycle racks or stations.
- Permits are available at the Parking Meter Division behind City Hall for $40.00.
- Scooters with permits may park in locations designed/marked as "Scooter Only" such as: Ends of most beach blocks and on Baltimore &
Wilmington Avenues; Parking lot near the Senior Center on Christian Street; Behind the Fire Station on Rehoboth Avenue.
- Scooters with permits may park on residential streets in permit parking areas.
- Scooters without permits may park at meters and must pay meter fees.
- Parking fines will be the same as for cars.
What is a Scooter?
- Scooter has 2 wheels
- Step-through chassis
- Powered by a motor
More information at https://www.beach-fun.com/site-index/96.html